Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Wedding Story

We were married September 19th 1992. We had an outdoor wedding. It rained in the morning but luckily it stopped in time. Our colors were lavender and teal. We kept every thing pretty simple but it was still beautiful.



My Mom made my dress for me. I still can not believe the work she put into it. It was truly a labor of love. It is very special to me because my Grandma also helped with sewing beads on. In fact they were still sewing beads on right before the wedding.

We ended up having beautiful weather. It was a fun day with lots of family and friends.


We left for our honeymoon and drove to Colorado. We visited Pikes Peak and Royal Gorge. We picked the location by getting out a big map and picking a place neither of us had been. This was way before MapQuest. I can't believe 15 years have gone by already.




I love this picture. Me and my Grandma. The photographer said "Do you have any advice about marrage?" Grandma said "Don't ever go to bed angry." She was a very smart lady.

This is my favorite picture of Jeff and his Mom.

In this picture you can see the pearls Grandma let me borrow for the wedding. They were my something borrowed and old. I had a blue hankie and my dress was the new. Grandma got her pearls from her big sister Olive and her husband Jerry Cherubini. They bought them, as a gift to Electa, from Mickie Motos pearl farm while they were stationed in Japan in 1947.

Jeff, the dashing gentleman, waiting for the ceremony to start.

We decided to go with a spin on tradition and my Mom walked me down the aisle.
She looks so pretty.



The Kiss.

Group shot. Danielle, Sarah, Mike, Vickie, Jennifer, Jeff, Electa, Jenny

Group shot. Mary, Dennis, Jennifer, Jeff.

Group shot. Shane, Chris, Heather, Jennifer, Jeff, Karen, Morgan.

Cutting the cake.

No comments: