Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our broken summer

During the summer we had several injuries. Jennifer broken clavicle, Taylor sprained wrist, Kaylynne sprained ankle, and Taylor's best friend Connor sprained wrist and broken pinkie finger. Saturday Jeff got hurt at work (back injury) and he is now on disability leave along with me. Good thing is he still gets paid full benefits. I really hope we are all done with injuries for a while. All of these injuries are from falling so we need to be careful and less clumsy I guess.
Here are some fun broken pictures though. You can see we all have a good sense of humor about it.

Jennifer and Taylor



Taylor and Connor
Kaylynne -- one ankle wrapped, one in SMO

Guess I should add that I broke my clavicle by falling off of a chair I was standing on trying to clean around the door frame in the entryway and getting ready to paint the new house. The chair slipped out from under me, I hit the vacuum cleaner on the way down which bruised my ribcage and redirected me into the door frame which I hit with my shoulder.

Apparently if you hit your shoulder hard enough it breaks your collar bone. I jumped up said I was fine and continued to paint for 2 days until I couldn't lit my arm anymore. I went to the doctor and he said I must have a really high pain tolerance level because it was broken and there was no way I should have been able to continue working. I broke it July 3rd 07.

Taylor tripped over his own feet and fell on his arm and sprained his wrist. We took him to the doctor right away. He just has to wear the splint for a few weeks. I think he is just growing so fast he can't keep up with where his feet are.

Jeff was cleaning the vent hood at work and had to lean in to reach over the stove. He slipped and started to fall which made him twist his back to try to get his balance. He separated the connecting tissue in his lower back. He is in physical therapy. Not sure when he will be able to return to work.

I should be able to return in early October. Kaylynne has her own post about her sprained ankle. You can read all about her there.

No comments: