Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Slinkys


I saw this quote on one of my online communities. It pretty much sums up my feelings for the day (and my feelings about nameless administrators.)

Some people are Slinkys -- basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

I have not had my meeting. I have been trying all day. I started calling and leaving voice mail at 8:00AM. No answer no return call no meeting. I have no idea what is up. I am scheduled to work tomorrow at 2:45. We'll see.


Here is something fun:



Update 10-18-07
I edited my post a bit to make it clearer. Everyone who read it so far thought I was internalizing the part of the slinky. I am not a slinky, nor is Jeff. We didn't do anything wrong. I was making a joke at the expense of some of the people at work who are pretty useless and who I wouldn't mind seeing take a tumble. Not necessarily down the stairs. I am not really a violent person. It was a joke. I am using humor to keep from going crazy and really pushing someone down the stairs.

Still no meeting or return call. I think I have been officially blown off. I plan to report to work as scheduled and see what happens. I don't really have any other options at this point. I was advised by some people who also work there to "screw them and not show up." Well, that might be fun but I need a job and insurance and a paycheck. I have looked into some other employment options as a back up. If they do fire me I can collect unemployment until a new job starts. If I quit I got bupkis.

Furthermore, my not showing up would not hurt admin a bit. They are so far removed from the real work of that place they probably wouldn't even figure it out until sometime Friday and that's only if they didn't all leave early for the weekend. My not showing up would hurt the important people, the non-slinkys, the kids and the other direct care workers. I like them so I don't want anything to be more difficult for them. You see I really am a nice person who tries to do the right thing even when the wrong thing might be a lot more fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you don't think you are the slinky because you are much too valuable to put yourself in that classification. It breaks my heart when things go wrong and are so unfair in your life. I hope it helps to know I love you and am always proud of you!
Mom

taylorcamel said...

Actually I was thinking some nameless administrators are all a bunch of slinkys. But thanks, as always, for your support.

taylorcamel said...

I edited my post a bit to make it clearer. Everyone who read it so far thought I was internalizing the part of the slinky. I am not a slinky, nor is Jeff. We didn't do anything wrong. I was making a joke at the expense of some of the people at work who are pretty useless and who I wouldn't mine seeing take a tumble. Not necessarily down the stairs. I am not really a violent person. It was a joke. I am using humor to keep from going crazy and really pushing someone down the stairs.